What risk managers must do when reviewing and developing their business-continuity plan
The five key steps risk managers need to take in reviewing and developing their business-continuity plan:
- Ensure that the plan is not over-engineered and that it provides for simplicity of structure and execution;
- Ensure business-continuity planning is current and annually assured;
- Train the business-continuity team (at least annually);
- Test the plan with an external specialist (again, at least annually);
- Establish an effective response/approach.